"Enter the Motherboard"
It's here! The all important motherboard to be used in "Cicada Mind"! So, which one did we choose? Well, if the picture didn't make it obvious enough, it's the Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming Motherboard! So, why did we select this particular board, you may ask. Well, for several reasons, we would answer. Allow us to elaborate.
On top of being a powerhouse, the price point is quite low, coming in at an average of $190 USD! Not bad for such an awesome board. It's more than just the budget friendly aspect, however. This baby offers some seriously cool features that meshed with our build really well. I'm not just referring to aesthetics, either! Oh no, this thing is loaded with some cool features that we aim to take advantage of!
- Aura Sync - Allows us to create custom LED lighting effects with the software, by utilizing the vibrant RGB LEDs built in, and by attaching separate RGB strips using the two on-board 4-pin headers. We plan to use both simultaneously to create a uniform lighting synchronization that will really broadcast our infamous Cicada color scheme!
- INTEL Gigabit Ethernet - Simply put: The Strix X370-F Gaming features the very latest Intel® Ethernet Controller I211-AT. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power and performance overall!
- Supreme FX - Delivers an incredible 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection for immaculate recording quality!
- Third-Gen Asus T-Topology - This technology allows us to increase memory frequencies to 3200MHz and possibly higher when overclocked.
- AMD Socket AM4 Chipset - Allowing us to use the CPU we've had our eyes on for quite a while now.
- M.2 Connectivity - Allowing us to tap our memory directly into the motherboard without the need for a SATA cable, which can be a data speed choke point.
This is gonna serve us very well in our future endeavors, we can't wait to collect and assemble all the components of this beauty build!
Drop on by CicadaDynasty.com from time-to-time and see how this build progresses.